SWEET POTATO TOAST– SO MANY WAYS!
This is such a YUMMY and nutritious breakfast, you will wonder why you have waited so long to add this to your breakfast rotation. Get creative and feel free to add your own toppings! Once you get the technique down, it is SO fabulous for a nutritious and tasty breakfast!
Sweet Potato Avocado, Egg Toast
1 Large sweet potato
1 Egg over Easy or Hard Boiled
Salt and pepper
Any herbs as desired
Toast sweet potato slices (see method below)
Add egg, avocado and any seasoning to taste.
Other options for Sweet Potato Toast:
- Spread with almond butter and banana slices
(or small pieces of clean bacon!?)
- Spread with nut butter (peanut, cashew, sun-butter, almond) add berries of choice, sprinkle with
- Avocado slices, smoked salmon and capers
Get creative and add you own favorites!
How to make the Sweet Potato Slices- There are a few ways to do this, in the toaster oven or regular oven, see which you prefer (you can make the slices in the oven ahead of time and put in the fridge for the next day, then toast when ready to eat!)
1. Slice sweet potato into 1/4 inch long vertical slices (can microwave first for a couple minutes to soften before slicing)
2. Option 1- Turn toaster all the way up to high and toast sweet potato slices a few times until they are at preferred consistency. May need to toast a few times depending on toaster.
3. Option 2– Place sweet potato slices on wire rack in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
Allow to cool and then store in the fridge, give them a quick toast before adding toppings! Enjoy!